Labels

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Non-Voter Confusion

Upon moving to Texas I applied for a new license.  On the application was a little box to check if you'd like to register to vote.  Of course I checked the box and thought I was good.  I went to vote this morning only to find out the DMV does not register you to vote when you check the "would you like to register to vote" box, but simply registers you as being eligible for jury duty.  Am I the only one confused by this?  How many other new Texas residents think they are registered to vote when in fact they are not?  I will be a little huffy if Rick Perry loses by only a few votes and I wasn't able to cast my vote.

2 comments:

Chad and Carole said...

I bet they do that on purpose...I mean, who in their right mind would check 'yes' to a box asking if they'd like to have jury duty? Sneaky but efficient.

Clayton Family said...

That happened to curtis! My DMV lady was on the ball and told me to fill out a sheet to mail in but apparently that didn't happen for Curtis. He checked the box... but couldn't vote either. at least we got my vote in:)