Labels

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Peach Dumplings

It's peach season!!!  And Texas has the big, furry, juicy peaches I remember as a kid (why aren't South Carolina's peaches furry and sweet???).  So I thought I'd share a peach recipe a Southern lady showed me (thanks Gerry Clemmons!).  She made them for me when I came home from the hospital with a baby and I about died they were so good.  They have become one of my favorite Sunday breakfasts, but this year I'm trying to eat healthy and lose those last baby pounds....so I'll just let you all enjoy them. 

What you need...

4 large peaches
A roll of refrigerated crescent rolls
A stick of butter
A cup of sugar

Preheat oven to 350.  Cut peaches in half, remove pits.  Wrap a crescent roll around each peach half and place in glass baking dish.  Melt butter.  Add 1 cup water and the cup of sugar to the melted butter and stir it together.  Pour the butter mixture over the peaches.  Bake for 30 minutes or until peaches are tender and tops of crescent rolls are golden brown.  YUM!!!

No comments: