Labels

Search This Blog

Friday, September 24, 2010

5 year olds say the sweetest things...

Rex told me he thought Texas has a lot of cowboys and was wondering where we can go to see some.  I told him he had a real cowboy living in his own house.  I told him how his daddy grew up on a farm, riding horses, herding cattle, wearing boots, and all that good stuff.  The next morning, Rex told his daddy how happy he is that his dad is a real cowboy and that he wants a horse and boots just like dad.

This one's for Carole...after I talked to you on the phone last, Rex asked me to play him a board game.  He got it all set up on the table by himself and then when we sat down to play he told me he was ready to go on a date.  I asked him what made him think he was ready to do that and he said because he could get a fun game ready by himself.  He said to not tell Kennedy and Brayden, but he knew who he wants to invite on a date...of course, he was thinking of Emily.  We better keep those two apart until they're 16.  He's too sweet!

1 comment:

Chad and Carole said...

Eh, Rex is the least of my worries. I'm glad he remembers Em. She really misses him. And Piper, too. You know, if you guys would just move here they'd be in the same grade next year!