Labels

Search This Blog

Monday, August 9, 2010

Scrap Book Ideas

So you all know how it goes when you're living in a little rental with no place to scrap.  When the urge comes, the living room, dining room table, or where ever you can eek out a few inches becomes your scrap spot.  This time mine was the living room.  For about a week and a half, my living room furniture was pushed out of the way and card tables were placed where the coffee table usually is and the place was a scrap booking mecca.  Here are some of the pages I completed with some of my own scrap booking tips....

1.  If you have more than one child you want to scrap an event for, just tweak the layout a little.  For my little girl, the layout is pink and brown with polka dots and hearts.  For my little boy, I manly-upped the colors to bright yellow and orange.  The layouts are roughly identical and evoke the same memory, but the different color choices are made to appeal to the main reader.


2.  Spotlight something special.  See the little dinosaurs cupcake topper?  Kennedy and I spent the afternoon before the party modeling these babies out of fondant.   In the big picture you can't get a good idea of what his cupcakes looked like, so I zoomed in on one.


3.  Use up your scraps.  The little squares on this layout are little scraps from other layouts.  All together and in the same color scheme they are really cute.  Also, use up your letters.  It's okay to use different letters from different fonts and different colors all mixed up.  It gives your layout personality.






4.  Some times one picture is enough.  I know our kids are cute, cute, cute.  But...sometimes too many pictures on a layout can drown out the message.  I wanted to show Rex relaxing in the sun on a day at the splash park.  One picture conveyed relaxation more than multiple pictures would have.

5.  Take pictures and scrap every day events- not just birthdays and holidays and vacations.  These boots were bought for Kennedy 10 years ago and all 4 of my children have loved them.  This one especially shows an average day in Emerson's life...one in which she has stripped down to nothing but panties, but still insists on wearing shoes.

I'll be back with more hints and tips the next time I scrapbook.  Which will probably be soon since we just made a trip to the zoo to see the cutest baby elephant....until then.....

No comments: