Labels

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2010

T-shirt Dress

We are going to Dallas next month to see BYU play TCU!!!!  Well, I want the kids to be totally decked out in BYU gear, but I don't want to spend a fortune ordering new stuff.  So, I took an old BYU shirt of Kennedy's and cut from the bottom hem up and around to the hem of the arm holes.  Then I stitched the arms and sides back together so it fit Emerson's body.  The sleeves were a little long, so I shirred them to take them up a bit (thanks for teaching me how to shir, Julia).  I also cut the excess length below the graphic off the bottom of the shirt.  I bought one yard of the football fabric and one yard of netting.  Cut both yards in half and sewed the netting to the wrong sides of the football fabric.  Then I sewed the side seams of the football skirt. I folded my big circle of football fabric in half, wrong sides together, sewed two basting stitches all around, pulled up the gathers, and sewed it to the bottom of the T-shirt.  This gave the skirt a bubble dress effect.  The netting helps give the bubble some shape and bounce.  One outfit down...only $4.00 spent!!!  I got the T-shirt dress idea from one of Kennedy's activity day service projects.  They made T-shirt dresses for Mothers Without Borders to bring to orphans in Namibia.  It was a great activity- the girls learned a new skill while doing a great service.

1 comment:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

What a precious little model :) ...Okay so I made cake balls !!! YUUUUMMMMMM ! So much work though ! I did make the cake from scratch and the frosting, I could cut out some of the work by using a box cake and store frosting but I wanted to make them really yummy. Thank you so much for sharing the directions...My family thanks you too :)